The shipping and logistics industries have seen tremendous growth despite global supply chain struggles. Small- and medium-sized companies benefit most from the partnerships you create in a global logistics network. Logistic companies also benefit from access to networking opportunities, business optimization support, and partnerships.
In this article, we’ll discuss the benefits of joining a global logistics network for business owners and other businesses in shipping and logistics.
Why join a global freight forwarding and logistics network?
Joining a freight forwarding and logistics network is a wise business decision that will help you optimize your shipping operations.
As a small or medium-sized business, you can save money, time, and hassle when you partner with logistics companies in a logistics network. Benefits to your business include:
- Providing better customer service: By partnering with a freight forwarding network, you can provide faster, more reliable shipping for your customers around the globe.
- Ease of scalability: If you had your own fulfillment and shipping service, scalability is limited to staff availability and budget to hire more people. However, when you engage with members of a freight forwarding company in a network, you can rest easy knowing a network of logistics companies is available to handle any increase in demand.
- Cost savings: You no longer have to wait for a full truckload to optimize shipping costs. You can ship goods with Less Than Truckload (LTR) volumes, as your shipment is being optimized and bundled with other shipments to create a Full Truck Load (FTL).
As a shipping company, you combine your efforts with other logistics businesses to achieve better customer cargo volumes. It’s much more efficient than setting up your own shipping operations in every region you serve. Other benefits for logistics companies include:
- Global reach: Grow your business to reach international audiences much easier than on your own.
- Software access: Some logistics networks may provide members with discounted or free management software to help you run your business more efficiently.
- Lower insurance and shipping rates: Logistics networks can often offer members more competitive rates on insurance and shipping as you’re using cumulative volumes to negotiate better rates.
For businesses and logistics companies, joining a network provides the opportunity to build lasting relationships that will benefit everyone. It could open up future collaborations, referrals, and business partnership opportunities.
Logistics networks to watch
We’re seeing huge growth in the logistics networks in the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. If these are regions you plan to expand into in 2023, here are two logistics networks to watch:
Emerge Freight Alliance (Middle East and Africa)
Exports of this region’s oil, gas, and mineral resources are exploding in demand. The region also heavily depends on imports from around the globe to meet its needs. The Emerge Freight Alliance connects transportation and logistics networks through the Middle East and Africa to get goods where they need to go quickly and efficiently.
In the past, the shipping industry in this region has been largely unorganized and chaotic, with a tremendous lack of trust and synergy amongst the local industry players. Emerge Freight Alliance aims to bring down barriers to trust and collaboration and create a network with eager and credible businesses. They’re making shipping within the region easy, efficient, and secure for businesses.
Emerge Freight Alliance aims to provide members with the following:
- Immediate global coverage and increased connections in the Middle East and Africa
- Security within the network, including a “safety net” program to support members with bad debt or bankruptcy.
- A trusted worldwide community, including a rigorous pre-screening process to ensure member ethics through a standard Code of Ethics and Guidelines.
- Annual Conferences are available for all members to attend and network with others.
- Global marketing outreach to increase your visibility with the inclusion of your logo on the Network’s marketing collateral and member materials.
LATAM Forwarders Club (LATAM)
The Latin America region also has a growing industry, shipping, and logistics business community. With steady growth expected in the coming years, the LATAM Forwarders Club (LATAM) is building a trusted Freight Forwarding Network to support this growth. They’re helping connect top-quality freight forwarding companies worldwide with local logistics support through a common, secured business development platform.
Membership in this freight forwarding club is exclusive, as the group only accepts a limited number of agents per territory. Those selected receive:
- Immediate global reach through network partners
- Trusted connections as all members are thoroughly vetted to ensure their high-class reputation and reliability.
- Access to logistics for a variety of specialty shipping needs, including e-commerce, dangerous goods management, liquid bulk handling, live animals, pharmaceuticals, marine and rail forwarders, time-critical shipments, and wholesale forwarding, to name a few.
- Access to their annual conference to build good business relationships with others in the network for mutual partnerships and benefits.
What’s your internationalization strategy for 2023?
Taking your business global can be a lot of work, and you may need more resources to accomplish it successfully. By joining a logistics network, you can increase your reach to local and global businesses working together to create more effective worldwide shipping and logistics networks.